Statcounter Robbins Running

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Stephen "Unofficially" Runs Mercer RunFit and Sets PR 17:33

Stephen and I went to Macon this morning for a big mid-season meet. I didn't know I had to register him by Tuesday so they would not let him receive an official time or get a medal. I asked them to let him run "unofficially" because this is the biggest GISA meet of the season besides state. They reluctantly agreed. In the end I don't blame them for being reluctant because it looked a little silly as the second place runner ran outside the finish shoot.

We decided it would be worth our time to give Stephen a chance to compete on the state course against many of the same runners. He came in second with a PR time of 17:33. The first place runner finished in 16:29. Stephen's goal is to finish the season with a 16:59 or better.

The rest of the runners results are here.

Their next meet is a home meet in Thomasville.

No comments:

Post a Comment